Special thanks to Tom Holdsworth, a Mayfield neighbor, whose expert photography and drone skills provided these beautiful Images.
Tom Holdsworth's website is https://www.tomholdsworth.com/
Approaching the bridge construction looking north at Harford Road and Herring Run with Hall Springs in the background.
Looking west, south of the stream we see the new underpass providing bike and hiking access to Lake Montebello.
Southwest view of the ongoing concrete pier construction in the stream with Lake Montebello and a distant view of City College.
Cofferdams set to provide dry access to streambed areas for new bridge foundations.
Note, the small existing bridge across the stream is built on the foundations of the first bridge crossing Herring Run before the now removed concrete arch bridge built in 1911.
New concrete foundations ready for roadway construction on south entry to bridge crossing.
Note, blue box structures are filter units for pumping out the cofferdams before re-entering the stream.
Looking north with Morgan University in the distance. Note the bike and hiking paths in the lower right corner leading to the pedestrian bridge across the stream and to Belair Road.
Looking west with distant Montebello Filtration Plant and the Hooper’s playing field in the foreground.
Note Tiffany Run, a small stream coming from the City College area meets Herring Run just beyond the new foundation. Tiffany was damned in 1904 when Lake Montebello was constructed and is essential to the operation of Montebello Filtration Plant.
Right side of photo shows the new foundation with wood forms and steel reinforcing bars, construction trailers and old restroom building beyond.
Note the two walkers heading towards Chesterfield Avenue and Mayfield on the still usable hiking path.